We are recruiting the future for Mercedes-Benz!
You will start in a permanent position directly at Mercedes-Benz and become part of the digital transformation in the automotive industry. As an exclusive recruiting partner we support Mercedes-Benz in finding the right people for different technical domains.
The business unit DIRECT at FERCHAU is the leading personnel consultancy for the digitization of the industry. We successfully bring ambitious and bright minds together with renowned companies - direct placements in permanent positions at our customers.
Data Scientist/Engineer (m/w/d) | Mercedes-Benz | Data-Driven Parts Pricing & Trading | Executive Search
Innovative and responsible - your tasks are challenging.
- With your expertise you will boost the data-driven parts trading cluster: your work will have a positive impact on Mercedes-Benz financial and strategic goals.
- As member of a cross-functional data team you will evaluate new ideas using the latest technologies and methods. In collaboration with Data scientists, DevOps engineers, business analysts and product owners you will develop data products in a data mesh approach.
- You will be responsible to establish the data source, run data cleansing operations and provide it for further analysis within Mercedes-Benz after sales activities.
- By aligning Mercedes-Benz data sources and pipelines with the overall data architecture, you contribute to the transformation into a data-driven companies: your solutions allow the business unit to run pricing predictions, analyze impacts of their decisions and eventually automate their processes.
- You proactively and continuously challenge the status quo to optimize the existing solutions by using updated methods and algorithms.
Technology and team spirit - your workplace will be exciting.
- Cooperation with top experts in the development of the latest generation in Data Engineering
- You will be an important part of an international and interdisciplinary innovation team for pushing the Mercedes-Benz' Data-Driven Parts Pricing & Trading to the next level
- Agile working methods and flexible working time models
- Open feedback culture and a family atmosphere
- Respectful interaction up to management level
- All advantages and safety of a corporate environment with deep appreciation for the employees
- Different training and development opportunities
- Attractive salary models and benefits
You've been waiting for this chance - now it's your turn.
- Degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics, statistics, physics or comparable degree
- Experience with data engineering (pipelines/ETL processes) or working on data products in collaboration with data scientists in the field of AI/ML-based models.
- Knowledge in handling SQL structures, databases and using script languages like Python, Scala, R
- Practical experience using big data technologies like Spark, Hadoop, libraries (Pandas, NumPy, etc.) and visualization tools (PowerBI, Qliksense, Apache Superset)
- Know-how of cloud platforms, especially data solutions e.g. AWS EMR/Glue or Databricks (Microsoft Azure)
- High interest in new industry standards for advanced analytics and data paradigms
- Willingness to learn and evaluate new technologies in a pioneering spirit and rapidly adopting it where worth is proven
- Experience in agile project environments (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban) and using tools to support it (Atlassian Jira/Confluence)
- Strong strategic and conceptual skills with analytical thinking
- Commitment for your product and work with high sense of responsibility and the ability to work in a team
- Languages: Fluent English, German is a plus
Please apply via our online portal to ensure data protection. We look forward to receiving your CV in the first step - a cover letter is not necessary. We are pleased to answer your questions.
Let's go for it.